Saturday, November 20, 2010

"Who was he?" the woman asked while staring at the ground.

"Tom Jones" a man replied, "he lived around the corner."

"What was he like?"

"I'm afraid I don't know."

"Where are his family and friends?"

Sadly the man looked down, "He didn't have any."

"Where did he work? What did he do for fun: In his thirty-seven years hadn't he touched anyone?"

"I'm sorry to say, I don't know a thing. He never said, hi, or came out of his house. He didn't do anything for himself or for others, at least not that I know of."

"This is so sad. As we put him in the ground we have nothing to say about the poor little man."

"Yes, the fact that he died does not prove that he lived."

1 comment:

  1. You are a good writer, now I need to figure out how to subscribe to this.

    ReplyDelete